Cell Membrane – Plasma Membrane
- Description: The plasma membrane is a semi-permeable membrane, meaning it allows certain substances to pass through but not others
- It provides shape and support for the cell
- It is a site for metabolism- receptor proteins on membranes bind to certain hormones
- Description: The cytoplasm is a watery gel-like solution that suspends the cell organelles
- Functions: The cytoplasm is a site of metabolism- location where part of chemistry of respiration occurs.
- Description: A double membrane bound organelles containing threads of chromatin. It is also the largest organelle.
- Controls all activities of the cell
- Controls DNA replication and division of nucleus
- Description: A sac containing cell sap (fluid)
- Function: It stores food, water etc.
- Description: Made of cellulose, tough but flexible, fully permeable( allows all things to pass through)
- Function: Provides strength and support for plant, prevents plant cells from bursting due to intake of water